Unpack/Repack boot.img and Port Kernel
Port Custom Kernel
Another tutorial to Unpack/Repack bott.img and port kernel for every MT65XX device.
Step By Step full HD video guide can be found here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6BfgmsZcQc&feature=youtu.be
ONLY FOR PERSONAL USE © copyright 2015. All rights reserved.
You must take permissions from Ajit Guraya(Me) before sharing this in any Forum, Blog, Website or anywhere else.
Things You Need:
Cygwin and Android Kitchen Properly set up : Guide here
Notepad++ : Download Here
WORKING FOLDER (Guide to create working folder at the end of this post)
Port_ROM boot.img(needed if you want to port kernel)
Kernel can be ported from any MT65XX to any MT65XX
To Unpack boot.img
1. Right Click on Cygwin and run as an administrator
2. Type cd kitchen
3. Type ./menu
4. Once Android Kitchen opens type "0" without ""
5. Now type 12
6. Now type "w" without "" (note : you first need to set up a working folder, steps to create working folder at the end of post)
7. It will extract the stock boot.img in the folder where you setup Cygwin and Android Kitchen
8. Now type "a" without ""
10. Press enter after placing the Port boot.img in the new bootimg_xxx_xxx folder
11. Now after the Port boot.img ha been unpacked open the kitchen folder
12. Now open BOOT-EXTRACTED and bootimg_xxxx_xxxx in two different windows
13. Open boot.img-ramdisk in both the Port and Stock folders and copy everything that is inside Port boot.img-ramdisk folder except for init.rc
14. Now delete all the folders in Stock boot.img-ramdisk
15. Now paste and replace all the files from Port boot.img-ramdisk folder in Stock boot.img-ramdisk folder
16. Now right click on the Stock and Port init.rc and select edit with notepad++
17. Now go to the export BOOTCLASSPATH line of Port init.rc and copy the entire line and replace it with the Stock export BOOTCLASSPATH (make sure they are in the correct category see image to understand)
18. Now save the Stock init.rc file and close notepad++
19. Now open cygwin and type "b" to repack the ported boot.img
20. After the boot.img is successfully repacked you can find the ported boot.img in the Working_xxxx folder
All CREDITS GO TO ME
Now to create Working Folder
1. In Cygwin type 1 and put your stock rom.zip file in original_update if you do not have it you can use the boot.img and settings.img
2. You can get system.img and boot.img from this guide BackUp Using MTK Droid TOOLS follow step 1 to 8 on the guide
4. Now Follow the steps on Android Kitchen to create working folder
IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ME